Sunday, September 10, 2006

END TO LONG WEEKEND . . .

The best part of the weekend was the football season gearing up. Although Pittsburgh already played (and WON) on Thursday night, the rest of the NFL minus the Monday night game teams is playing today. T.O. didn't help Dallas so much with his one TD and 80-some yards recieving and Reggie Bush had a pretty good first game for a rookie in the Saints' win over the Cleveland Browns, who those of us living the Life in West Virginia hate.

In college ball, WVU won its second game of the season, something of which we hillbillies are proud.

In local sports, South got mauled by Cambridge and I quit listening to it on the radio at the start of the 4th quarter. 44-12 was the final score, with South scoring after Cambridge put the cheerleaders in the game in place of their players.

Tony Stewart missed the "race for the chase". ROFLMAOPMP No other words except for those. . . . we here at Life love Dale Jarrett and HATE Tony Stewart just because we think he is an asshole.

--------------------------------------------

I started back to work again on Friday night. They got a little desperate and had an employee bail on them, so I worked a little on Friday and Saturday night. They had Karoke last night and I once again had a blast! Saw all kinds of people that I knew and it was nice to be out and about for a little while. Actually, it was easier to study this afternoon. I still have a lot of work to do to turn in on Wednesday but I am hopeful that I will get it completed. LOL This will help with my move home if I can manage to work only on Friday and Saturday nights, not be expected to work during the week and they work with me on my back issues, which seems to be holding up better than last time I worked. Of course, there was much more business than they had this past weekend, since the Sternwheeler Festival was going on in Marietta.

2 Comments:

At Monday, September 11, 2006 3:14:00 AM, Blogger BUMBLE!!! said...

You gotta earn that cash!!

Where's the happiness that was Penn State's loss and the Fightin' Irish's victory? WHere's your Ohio State over Texas happiness (or is there too much of a state rivalry there)?

WHo are you pulling for in the chase? With Edwards and Biffle out, I'm going to be there for Kahne (my guy), Hamlin (the rookie) and Earnhardt (the family driver). As long as Ears Busch and Gordon go into at least a wall a piece, I'll be happy.

 
At Monday, September 11, 2006 8:02:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Penn State I just forgot about. I did watch that game and saw them get thumped. I was at work but was able to keep an eye on the game.

I don't like OSU. They are freakin' BUCKEYES for heaven's sake!! They showed their asses too in Columbus, setting fires and shit. I never understood the practice of arson after your team wins.

As for the Chase, I am going to root for ol Mark Martin. I like Ford drivers and well, Mark has been around for awhile and I think that he has done a pretty good job this year for an old guy.

I like Edwards too. He seems like a down-to-earth pretty nice guy. Plus I liked the commercial with him doing flips in his crib and at the doctor's office. LOL

My guy is Dale Jarrett but he has done shitty this year and is going to Toyota next year, so I don't know if I am going to keep rooting for him or not. I do like him as a driver, so I may have to trade in my Ford Truck for a Toyota . . . not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home