Wednesday, September 13, 2006

ADVENTURES IN COLLEGE . . . .

O.

M.

G.!!!

I didn't think I would ever complete my first portfolio assignment for my business class. I pulled an all nighter and my fingers are sore from typing for 20 hours straight. I don't know what on earth made me think that my brain would function properly enough to grasp simple business concepts that I breezed through when I was 20. I know that I need glasses and to top it off, the book that I have is the most disorganized piece of rag that I have ever tried to wade through. Shit that should be together because of their influences on each other are separated by comparative advantage vs. absolute advantage. Maybe its just me and I don't have the sharpness that I possessed even a few years ago. I guess taking two years off from work and watching TV all day, even if 75% of the time its the news really does turn your brain to mush. I thought that when I evaluated myself on Brainage and kicked the pants off Joey and Mom it was dumb luck rather than me being the smart, sharp one.

Well, if I survive this semster teaching myself General Business and Office XP Pro, then maybe it really is the book after all.


AND, I got the portfolio turned in at 7:45 PM a whole two hours shy of the deadline!!!! I have to admit though, it was a pretty thorough job and she will be pleased that my answers where not short 4-5 word phrases. She told us that it wasn't "write as few words as possible" when answering the review questions and she wanted complete sentences. I wrote short stories . . . LMAO

I had a minor catastrophe last night while cramming. Here I am, feverishly working on my assignment when suddenly . . . .
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

yup, you got it right! IF ANYTHING CAN GO WRONG, IT WILL . . .






THE FREAKING ELECTRIC WENT OUT DURING A DRIZZLING RAIN SHOWER . . . that's what I get for procrastinating and I have learned my lesson now and won't repeat this fiasco.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 13, 2006 10:55:00 PM, Blogger BUMBLE!!! said...

1 hoop down - how many to go?

CONGRATULATIONS!

 
At Thursday, September 14, 2006 7:39:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

lets see, 2 tests this weekend, 3 more portfolios + 3 tests + 2 hw assignments, 8 tutorials, + 3 tests


so about 21 hoops??

i am still a little stressed from all that. i think that i might need glasses and that is why i am finding myself having to work so hard.

gotta go back out to the college this AM and pick up my grant $$ . . . its the last day to do that. now, waiting til the last minute to pick up $$$ is what you call EXTREME PROCRASTINATION

 

Post a Comment

<< Home