Sunday, December 03, 2006

SO HOW PISSED OFF DO YOU THINK I AM?

In addition to some physical and hormonal issues, I come home this evening to settle in and watch my Sunday night shows . . . I pay like $1.50 each to have ABC, CBS, FOX and PBS out of NYC or in the case of PBS, I believe it is Boston and I only have PBS. I am not ALLOWED to have NBC since there is a station in Parkersburg, which I do pick up well but is a PITA to watch since I have to manipulate the remote four times to get it. This is what I get:











Well GUESS WHAT?!?!?! I am that 7%. The fucking reason I HAVE satellite is that I don't have CABLE ACCESS . . . I live in BFE and well, we have no major markets to subscribe to. . . know what else, I don't qualify for the All-American Direct or whatthefuckever it is called that caters to people who live out of freakin' RV's all year.

And what is even MORE suspicious is that fact that this only affect DISHTV customers . . .not DIRECT TV . . . so what the hell did this company do to have an injunction issued?!?!? Why the hell can't I watch Desperate Housewives?!?! Simpsons?!?!?! AFV?!?!?!

I am so ticked off that I can't even type.

So, I called and downgraded my package to the $19.99/month package with the Baby First programming for an additional 9.99/month.

I had the 39.99/package so that I could get Fox News. I started looking over the website and lo and behold, Fox News is INCLUDED in the 19.99 package.

Here is where is gets good . . . with the 19.99 package you get like 30 channels, including Fox News, Hallmark Channel, Biography, Nick and not much else.

If you go up to the 29.99 package, you get all kinds of shit, 60 channels like Discovery Channel, History Channel, Music channels, Food Network but no Hallmark or Fox News.

If you want all the shit in the 29.99 package PLUS the shit that comes in the 19.99 package, you have to pay 39.99/month. Shouldn't it just be included?!?!? Every other cable or satellite company that I have dealt with doesn't take away channels when you pay more. What the shit is that all about??!?!?!

I am just irate and ranting but had to get it off my chest. In addition to all this shit, I tried to hook the antenna up to the DISH receiver and it didn't work . . . then the SOB wouldn't COME OFF for me to put on the OLD TV, where I knew it would pick up all of the networks. Not clear, but watchable. Mom brought a new antenna that I would use over at her house cuz I thought it sucked. I can pick up PBS and NBC but not much else. I investigated the antenna while adjusting to try to pick up more and lo and behold again . . . it needs a POWER SOURCE. (don't know where that is either) Huh. Will someone please just find the freaking rabbit ears that came with my old RCA TV that picked up TWO of each of the networks . . . . so I can relax. Then I might settle down enough to try to get DIRECT TV . . . even though I will have to pay an arm and a leg to get it back since I am a previous customer, my old satellite needs replaced and I will get no deal on receivers either.

On a lighter note, the Mountaineers kicked ass Saturday night against Rutgers. If you missed it, it went into TRIPLE OVERTIME and was an exhilarating ride to the finish of WVU 41-Rutgers 39.

1 Comments:

At Saturday, December 09, 2006 11:17:00 AM, Blogger BUMBLE!!! said...

Go to your happy place. NOW!!!

I hate my cable company too. I have to pay more than the standard $55 (starting in the new year) to get ESPN2 - guess what - can't afford that. And in addition to that, it's not like I get the National Geographic Channel, the OLN, or anything worthwhile. I get about 15 channels between 13 and 29 that I'll never watch. And the only reason its 15 is because that's all the channels that are there. Damn these scumbags. Let there be market place competition or let me just buy the channels I want (Fox news and that other fox that's after the regular fox, the major networks, the minor 1's (Tnt, Tnn, etc. ), the ESPN's, comedy central, VH1, Speed network, and the aforementioned few.

I don't need 70 when 20 will suffice. As is, I have all the stupid channels removed from my vcr's memory.

Have a better weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home