Saturday, February 27, 2010

IT HAS FINALLY HAPPENED . . .

After all the years of waiting and being in pain, medical experts testified on behalf of the Social Security Administration and declared me physically unfit for work. I was not even called to testify was how damaging the evidence of my physical impairments were and how evident and obvious. Why did I have to get a lawyer, who is taking 25% of my back pay to present the medical evidence I signed my rights away to the SSA to gather on their own?!?!

Unless you have been through something like this, you cannot imagine what the last 5 years of my life have been like. I worked hard all the years I worked, from the time I was 12. Iz have had to rely on others for my well-being for years now. The frustration of not having money to buy your daughter or son something is horrible. Not being able to pay your bills and having your mother support you financially and having your boyfriend support you financially is not how I imagined my life would be just 5 short years ago before my injury.

Having people look at you like you are a lepar because you are unemployed. Not a productive citizen in our society. At least now, I will be able to hold my head a little higher, even if I am a little bent over . . .life is getting better in West Virginia. Now, if the snow would melt . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home