Saturday, December 22, 2012

WINTER CAME IN WITH . . .

a bang this year but we still won't have a white Christmas as it will all melt off by Monday.  Just glad we didn't get the 1-3 or 2-4 that were both predicted at times during the times leading up to the  Friday-Saturday snow and wind event.  Got maybe and inch or so of snow, but the wind was as bad as predicted, blowing stuff off the porch that I have never had blow down.  It blew in a different direction than what it normally does.  It's still pretty cold this evening, 28 at 7:30.

Time of year that we have to start feeding the horses again.  Mom takes morning duty and I do it in the evening.  Cricket is such a witch but was pretty good this evening, although she decided she was going to eat at Sonny's feeder.

The state road actually came out and put sand/salt on our road and on the hill this afternoon so I can drive the truck outta here tonight.  Going to go see my friend Nicole at Must Be 21 and watch Big Bang Theory with her and chat. I have been house bound for almost a week due to the truck being in the shop and the roads being bad last night and the weather deteriorating when I got the truck back, I came straight home.

I read in the Farmer's Almanac several weeks back that skunks were supposed to be hibernating.  There are two dead along the 4-lane road I take to and from South Parkersburg (only 1/4 mile long).  (hey, this blog is about Life in WV)  With the weather being about normal this fall, just a tad drier than normal until about 10 days ago, I found that strange.  One was at the top of the hill going in town and then I saw the other at the bottom of the hill coming back.  Made me think they were trying to find each other and go off and hibernate together.  Don't know why I thought that, just did.  They don't hibernate long as they come out to mate in February I think?  How do I know this random information?  You will have to read more of my blog.  If you can't find it leave a comment, I fill find a link to the story . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home