Friday, September 15, 2006

ITS NOT ONLY THE SHADY SCAM ARTIST . . .

that they elderly should guard against. Evidently they need to watch out for the company that provides most seniors with their primary source of communication with the world outside their home. No, not the internet. Great-grandma doesn't know how to use a computer. Grandma might but not Great-grandma. It's the phone company. This poor widow was leasing a phone from the phone company for TWENTY-NINE DOLLARS EVERY THREE MONTHS!!!

Of course, I remember when all of this came about back in the 80's. I can remember as a teenager (who knows it ALL, of course) telling my Mom that she should just buy a phone and she said that it was too expensive to buy one, she would rather lease. At the time, it was about $7/month to lease and prices for Trim phones (remember them??) ran about 40 bucks. Now you can pick up a phone for around $10. The big button Trim phones still run about 40 bucks at Radio Shack!

Those old rotary phones should have been removed from the market years ago anyway due to the risk of injury from them. A small child could pull one of those phones off onto themselves and cause a head injury! LMAO I can remember as a kid (8 or 9 years old) pulling the damn thing off the desk and bashing my foot!

Seriously though, these women who are outraged about the charges on Grandma's phone should have realized years ago this was happening. I thought that it was general knowledge that the phone companies were still doing this. They were "looking out" for Granny, going over her phone bill and discovered the charges. I guess they were starting to worry about their inheritance and when they looked into Granny's finances well, you know the rest. Why did it take them this long to realize that Grandma had one of those old, leased phones in her house. Did they never go to Granny's house? Did Granny have it hidden?? I am outraged that they haven't been "looking out" for a widowed Granny until just now. Hell, my I look over some of my Mom's bills now! I showed her where she could cut 3-4 bucks a month on her satellite bill just a couple of years ago.


BTW . . . . Granny wants her old phone back . . .

1 Comments:

At Friday, September 15, 2006 7:07:00 PM, Blogger BUMBLE!!! said...

What it comes down to is if people don't know and they just assume (it's kind of why rule #1 is don't think), then things just happen as the status quo.

Always read the bill. Always look over the charges.

Share your stupidities with others so that it doesn't happen to them. I always make sure I do this with all of my classes. If I got screwed over, anyone can (that's because I'm brilliant and damn near perfect - well...)

Have a good 1!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home