Monday, December 11, 2006

MONDAY, MONDAY . . . .

My saga with DishTV is now over . . . on Saturday, DirectTV sent the installation guy and I have satellite that I actually enjoy paying the price to watch. We now have SPROUT, which DishTV did not carry and I have all my networks except NBC, which I can pick up with an antenna. I also have East and West Coast feeds on them (except PBS) so that I can watch the West coast if I am working late or out running around and miss my favorite shows.

The installation guy was supposed to be here on Wednesday, DirectTV called to confirm and I gave them MY phone number rather than Mom's and went to my house at 8am, Bridgette came up too and we set to work cleaning the kitchen up and cleaning out the fridge, which had also quit working the same day of the previous satellite ordeal. I went to get ice out of the freezer and it was melted and I was hoping that unplugging it and letting it defrost (although it is frost-free) would do the trick . . . it seemed like this happened 5 or 6 years ago and that did the trick. So we did the cleaning and worked and this guy was supposed to be here between 8am and Noon. Well, about Noon, I had heard nothing and we needed ice for our pop and I went over there to get ice and some milk for Pun'kin. Well, they had called at MOM'S house 3 times between 8 and 9. So much for that. So I rescheduled for Saturday and regardless of who they called, they would get an answer since I would be at my house and Mom at hers. The installation came off pretty much with out and hitch and other than trying to figure out how to easily switch between my antenna and the satellite receiver, I am really happy. The TV is now where it belongs, rather than the other side of the room and it is even installed upstairs and ready to go. Now, if I could just get that damn bed upstairs . . . . .

I have pretty much finished the larger part of my Christmas shopping. I have a few things left to buy for Pun'kin and the thing I am getting for Joey but I already know what I am going to get Joey and Pun'kin doesn't need much other than stocking stuffers . . . . if I get the stockings done. I bought 4 new ones for all of us this year . . . LOL

I have also ordered all my textbooks and I am just waiting on the arrival of one of them. It should be here by the 15th, if not I have to contact the seller that I bought it from at half.com and have them check into it. I know I am selling my Business book but am looking into keeping my computer books. What stinks is that I am really only wanting to keep the Excel book so that I can use it later in helping my with Accounting and my Science classes that I need to take later. It will come in really handy to sort data and make graphs for science and the accounting, well, you can see why it would be nice for it too. I may look and see if I can find the individual book online and sell the set. I guess they run out of them at the college, so I am expecting to get about 75% of my money back by selling it myself by advertising on a flyer.

I am looking forward to going back to school in January . . . . if we can get Christmas and New Year's done, I will be going back right after that. I still haven't decided about work yet but have great reservations about continuing to work. It just wears me out over the weekend and takes me too long to recover and get anything else accomplished.

Pun'kin had her first dentist appointment today and well, there wasn't much to it since she only has 6 teeth. LOL She wouldn't open her mouth and so we had to let him get a real quick look and then he gave me the recommendations about bottles and binkies and all that happy stuff.

Joey is getting is wisdom teeth cut out on the 28th of December, Pun'kin gets a booster for her flu shot on the 20th and I have to get an appointment with my OB/GYN sometime before school starts back up. That should wrap us up for this month and then school will be back in and I once again won't have a minute to myself, much like this month has been! I thought when I finished up with school that it would give me a break but it hasn't!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home