Friday, December 15, 2006

AND SO ANOTHER BIRTHDAY HAS COME AND GONE . . .

yup, I am 36 now. On the backside of 30 as John Conlee sang . . . so now I have the big 4 - 0 to look forward to in a few years. YAAAA!!!!! (sarcasm, for those who don't know me)

Had KFC and received a carrying case for my laptop and Mom is going to get me a cut and perm again. I still have to schedule that and my hairstylist is usually pretty busy this time of year so it may be several weeks before I actually get it, which will buy Mom some time since it is Christmas too.

I am doing Christmas cards this year . . . its the first time I have since my Dad died on my 30th birthday 6 years ago. I may even get around to hanging some lights around the porch but I am NOT doing a tree. Between Mr. Nu-No and Pun'kin, there is not much sense in even trying to put one up. I don't really have the room either since the cottage is in the living room. OH! I have renamed the cottage to "Little House on the Hill" . . . "Little House" for short. Yes, I am hoping that when C-A grows up that she will be into the Little House books as much as I was.

I missed yet another meteor shower unless for some reason the clouds dissipate and reveal some stars before the moon rises at 2am. It peaked last night but I should still be able to catch some tonight if the cloud cover clears.

I took the flyers advertising my books from last semester out to the college today and have already sold the computer books. She is supposed to bring the money to work on Saturday and pick up the books! That's going to more than pay for all four of the books for my three classes next semester. I sure do need the cash too because I am going to have a bill due for my propane before too long . . . unless the warm weather holds out just a little longer. I also had the added expense of switching satellite companies and Mom had already paid my bill for the other, so I am waiting on a refund from the other company. I will get my loan and grant money the second or third week of January so if I can hold out until then . . .wish me luck!!

2 Comments:

At Friday, December 15, 2006 8:13:00 PM, Blogger Jeff C. said...

Happy Birthday!

 
At Monday, December 18, 2006 4:11:00 PM, Blogger Minuteman 76 said...

You mentioned on my blog how it was a small world, you obviously have no idea just how small lol. I live right up the highway from you. Happy Birthday, and have fun with that college thing...that's why I ran off and joined the Army lmao.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home