Monday, January 22, 2007

NoRmAlCy

Finally, we are seeing an end to the "moving" we have been doing. Since I do not have a box spring to the mattress set that Mom bought as a house warming present when I first moved into my new home. Presumably, it was accidentally removed from the premises when the "tenants" moved from the place. . . . who knows though as they have not returned my calls . . .
Anyhoo, I am pretty much settled and can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak, as to just making the place energy efficient & finished, construction-wise, most of the way . . . . at least to live comfortably & cheaply. You have to spend money to get that cost-savings, in my shades (thermal), storm doors, pellets and hanging a piece of plywood over the opening to the attic, which is in MY room, and could be finished someday and turned into stairs and finish the attic. Right now tho, it just sucks heat up through the opening and out my vents in the top of the house and it needs closed off . . .


ohhhhhhhh, I forgot to talk about the first "significant" snowfall of the season. They FREAKIN' CALLED OFF SCHOOL . . . . !!!!!!

Anyhow, we had spent the night over at Mom's yesterday so we could watch Desperate Housewives together and Joey had two friends spend the night. SO, they were GOING to have Mom take them in town to school since she was off today but well, there ended up being 3 BIG TEEN BOYS over at Mom's. So I ended up going to my appt alone and picking up frozen pizzas for them on the way home and THEN:


I BOUGHT MY NEW RECLINER!!!

It's Dark Mocha and LEATHER! Mmmm Mmmm Mmmmm

Won't be in until February 15th . . . . if I had the $$$, I would buy the Love Seat and Couch that has recliners built into it too . . . . OMG . . . that is why I hate to go to furnitures stores but had to in this in this case to make sure that the recliner was right.

My old recliner was so big, my feet couldn't reach the floor to rock it. It hurt my back to sit in it and tipped over easily! &%$## LMAO I gave it to my GF Kelly and her hubby Gary . . . the were desperate for another chair and they were gushing with thanks for getting it.

So, I have something that I can sit in comfortably and rock Pun'kin comfortably at night. Well, I will have a rocker/recliner thanks to Mom. THANK YOU MOM!!!!!

I also picked up some of those things on the list . . . the bras, undies, curtain rods, clothes for the baby, shower curtain rod, air freshener, candles and socks. HEHE

Got some suet for the birds . . . Mom has an obsession with feeding the birds now. She loves to see them and well, since I was over a lot recently, I am also addicted to bird-watching. We are going to buy an identification book for them. Unless someone can send info about identifying them here in N East, USA, in the presently snowy West Virginia . . .


3 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 24, 2007 11:52:00 PM, Blogger BUMBLE!!! said...

Snow days kick ass. We had flurries and cold all week. Up in northern Pa, they had snow and extreme cold.

Yep - that means winter waterfalls on Saturday!!

If you want the extra furniture, maybe you should do what some bloggers do - put an amazon wish list up and see if people will just buy you stuff because you're a gal. Of course, some of them offer pictures and what not, but since you're a gal with wiley feminine charms, I'm sure that just your association should be enough!!

Have a great 1.

 
At Saturday, February 10, 2007 1:02:00 AM, Blogger Whimsical Ranter said...

Snow days are fun aren't they?

I love the recliner! I'll bet it looks great too. C-A is sure cute I see in the following post...Miss ya hunny!

 
At Saturday, February 10, 2007 4:20:00 PM, Blogger Jeff C. said...

Recliners are the best pieces of furniture ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home