Thursday, March 08, 2007

THEM FREAKING CELL PHONE TALKERS (part 2)

Had to go to Marietta earlier in the week to pick up my $25 Gift Certificate I won from WTAP for a correct trivia question answer. I may not look it but I am a pretty swift chickie. Anyhow, its not really easy to drive a Cadi around Marietta anyway . . . narrow lanes, Buckeye drivers, etc. Well, here comes some woman TALKING ON HER CELL PHONE over into my lane. ON THE SIDE PUN'KIN WAS ON TOO! Thank God there was a turn only lane that no one was in, otherwise, well . . . I might have had to kill her, THEN go to jail.

Some people are just clumsy. So I spend all day with un-named person in my accompaniment to Marietta. (you know, going to Marietta is sort of like taking a road trip) We had paid her water bill, stopped at IGA to get food for Punkin and then hit the gas station before jumping onto the I-77. So, we spend several hours together, you know girls, chit chatting back and forth and we get back to her house and her husband, Steve, said "Did Shelly tell you what she did last night?" HEHEHE (un-named) I said "NOOO. Shelly, what did you do?" Well, seems the ashtray (one of those big heavy square glass ones from back in the day) in their bedroom was on the head board and from what I understand, she was flipping a blanket around and somehow managed to knock it off the headboard and onto her head. She saw stars she said and it took forever to get the ashes washed out of her hair. LMAO
Thanks to Steve for bringing it to my attention so the incident could be published on the 'Net. WE STILL LOVE YOU SHELLY!! Just a pickin' on you

You have to have the funny to balance out the serious. I had my x-ray and Dr. Figeroa's office called and I have an MRI scheduled for next Tuesday. Mom has her appointment with the Orthopedic surgeon on Wednesday and hopefully can get her surgery scheduled during my Spring Break. I won't know anything until probably after her appointment but will keep the updates coming.

I am going out to the college today to "note compare" with a guy from class that seems to be really good as he has had my professor before. Hopefully Pun'kin will behave. It shouldn't take too long so she won't have much time to do too much. Our take-home mid-term is due next week (WED) and the Art project the week after that hopefully. If I can get some time put in over the weekend on the Economics and get an outline for the Art project, I will be good to go. At least in Art, he has already given us our study guide for the next test, which he says will be a little while. It's hard to believe the semester is 1/2 over. I was planning on taking summer classes, registration starts on April 2 and I suppose I can register and if I happen to end up needing surgery and P/T again, then I will drop it before classes begin. It depends on which 4-week session it is. I have most of the prep work done already so it won't be too bad.

I saw a red fox on the way home from Art class Tuesday. I keep forgetting to tell anyone so, I am telling ya'll out there. I haven't seen one since a couple of years ago when I spotlighted one below Mom's house to see why the dogs were barking. This one looked like he/she had faired the winter pretty good, not scraggly looking at all and strangely, it stayed on the road in front of me for a good 1/4 mile before running into the woods.

I wish the weather would turn around. I am tired of this 20 weather at night and 30 in the afternoon. It's March for heavens' sake and why not some 40 or 50 degree weather so you can go outside for brief periods of time. I have started a few plants inside, just assylum.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, March 08, 2007 10:17:00 PM, Blogger BUMBLE!!! said...

20 weather sucks almost as bad as cell phone talkers who talk while they drive. the only technological thing worse than them is the bluetooth wearers - and the text messagers...

O Reilly needs to do a spot about them in talking points.

Good luck with the XRays and the tests and all else.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home