Saturday, August 18, 2007

I SWEAR!!!! I AM WORKING ON . . . .

posting more frequently!! However, my spoiled baby demands 99% of my attention when we are alone. The other 1% of the time I attempt to do something that resembles keeping house, doing laundry, popping stuff in microwave or possibly doing "real" cooking while there is someone else around.

This means that I spend a lot of time at Mom's since the washer and dryer are over there and most of my clothing since, we haven't moved dressers to my home. I have managed to clean and organize them all . . . except one drawer that has bedsheets and pillowcases . . .

+++++++++++++++++


I start school on Tuesday. I have 4 three hours classes: Accounting, Speech, Business Communications and College Algebra. My Speech 111 starts at 8am and ends with College Algebra finishing up at 6:40pm. I will have approximately 1.75 hours between each class and during this time I will attempt to do as much work as possible while also eating something nutrious, possibly exercising and drinking Diet Coke. I will have to see how things go after a few weeks and I get into a groove . . . . I worry about my anxiety and the Speech class but am going to attempt to do it without assistance from disability services. At this point, they are helping me with my seating arrangements, seeing that I can sit comfortably and briefly leave the classroom if necessary to relieve some pain. Mom is going to work from home on Tuesday and Thursday and babysit. Punkin cannot go with me until she is 2 AND potty-trained. Hopefully this will occur before next semester but with this stubborn streak she has put the odds against it. I have NO IDEA where she got that! LMAO


I am still waiting on two books . . . my Algebra and my Speech books; I bought both online for 73 bucks and considering the Speech book was 60 used, 90 new and the Algebra book which is ONLY available new and will only be used for this year's Fall and Spring semesters and costs 140 bucks at the college. I may have to purchase some type of software or access to something for the math class but I am not anticipating this. I also bought it from somewhere that I can send it back within 30 days . . . its a teacher's edition which is why I got it for 63 bucks and the speech book is an older edition purchased for 8 bucks, both included expediated shipping. I have a nice new wheeled backpack, with special accomodations for a laptop if theoccasion arises. Notice the Blue and Gold colors???? . . . Go 'eeers



++++++++++++++++++



I have gobs of tomatos and picked all the squash, which was way past picking stage . . . going to try and use it for Halloween decorations. I am going to attempt to dry it . . . . my corn mostly dried up. It was too hot, I used old seeds and probably didn't water it consistently enough. Other than those minor set-back, most everything flower-wise has escaped the heat wave. I will have some awesome morning glory pix and pix of other things later in September . . .



++++++++++++++++++++++



She is growing like a weed but is still short legged and usually wears 18 month clothing and sometimes even 12 months. She is petite but is coming out of it some . . . thank goodness cousin Katie brought tons of clothes and Aunt Shirley shipped two boxes off to us of clothing Katie left with her, which has a lot of clothing she will make use of this fall, winter, spring and at least next summer and somethings even further.


+++++++++++++++++


Thanks going out to Shelly, Sierra and Michelle who helped last night straightening up the house, inside and out. Shelly & Sierra pulled weeds, helped get some tomatoes and all the squash left while I watered many flowers, which were dying from extreme dryness and high winds which occurred during two different nights this previous week. It blew so hard, it knocked a small washtub filled with soil and plants off the porch. It is quite frightening at times, how hard the wind blows here on the hill. Michelle did her excellent straightening/throwing away/sweeper running and Shelly ran the sweeper also and dusted; they both moved the table and we managed to get all the dishes finished. Sierra helped me put away clothes in the small dresser I have downstairs; clothes that I brought over from Mom's to get me by until the arrival of the other dressers from her home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home