Friday, November 16, 2007

HERE IN WEST VIRGINIA . . . BRRRRR!

Yes, I know its been forever since my last post. I have not fallen off my deck and rolled clear to the creek. We have been busy getting ready for the cold weather and it is a good thing we did as it has turned cold. For the first time in YEARS, we have had no lady bug invasion. It was actually a pretty nice fall . . .

There are a few pictures on my photo blog of the sunny, temperate days.

For those of you who don't see me regularly, I have a boyfriend now. I would like to use that as my excuse for not posting more regularly but it's not his fault, it's mostly Punkin's fault. She has been keeping me busy and when she is not keeping me busy, she is keeping Mom busy. Thank God for good Moms. She gives me a breaks quite a bit.

Joey was awarded Cadet of the month in September and a picture of his squad was on the front page of the paper during Parkersburg South's homecoming and he was in it. We almost missed seeing him until we looked closer. LOL

Anyway, I am seeing a hometown guy, Kim, who lives about 4 miles away. He lives with his Dad, Gorden and his Grandfather, Kenneth who is 92. He's a union carpenter but got laid off in September. They heat with a wood furnace, so a lot of his time off has been spent getting logs off the hill and splitting firewood. Our mutual friends, Steve and Shelly, moved into town and are heating with wood too, therefore, he has also put in 3 stoves for the houses and one in his hunting cabin. He also finished my deck and put up a petition in Joey's old room, making it into two room for Michelle and Cody to share. If you know anything about my home, my bedrooms are HUGE, so there is still plenty of space for them both. Actually, it was Steve who suggested that Kim do my work for the deck and petition, since he was laid off and over the course of a few weeks, things changed for us. I have known him for 12 years or so, through Shelly and Steve but never really considered dating him; usually, neither one of us was single and we never really had been alone together until he started work on the house. He is a really great guy and I already knew his Dad and Grandpa, as I had their insurance.

Everyone here is gearing up for hunting season . . . gun season starts Monday and the guys are starting to get all wound up about it.

I am happy to say that my cousin Erin's hubby, Ryan is back from his deployment to Iraq. Well, he will be back around 8am PST. She is anxiously awaiting his arrival according to her email which I just received. Hopefully, we will be able to see them at Christmas when they head back east for the holidays. She had a time of it during the fires in San Diego last month but thankfully, our other cousin Katie and her hubby are also stationed there and along with the other military wives, they took care of one another. They were spared from the fires but I am sure it was scary.

We had our first snow yesterday evening. It didn't stick but it was snowing. This will be the first year that Punkin will get a chance to play in it. She loves being outside and the snow I am sure will fascinate her.

I hope to post more often, as I always say but if not, fear not that I have fallen off the back deck now, since I have a railing . . . .

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 21, 2007 9:23:00 AM, Blogger tkkerouac said...

Great post, we share the same name.

 
At Thursday, November 22, 2007 6:31:00 AM, Blogger BUMBLE!!! said...

Wow!! looks who is posting again! happy Thanksgiving.

Monday is deer season here too. I agreed to go to my dad's cabin next weekend if he doesn't get 1 during the week. Not sure if he'll go, but alas...

venison is good.

Have a day!!

 
At Thursday, November 22, 2007 9:28:00 AM, Blogger Jeff C. said...

Ooohhh! Tracey and Kim sittin' in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G! lol

Glad to hear everything is going well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home