Saturday, December 08, 2007

SHEESH, DIDN'T KNOW YA'LL STILL STOPPED BY . . .

Well, well, well . . . . maybe I am a little popular! Gosh, its great ya'll are hanging in there with me!

If time had permitted, I really have no excuse to NOT post right at this point in the calendar year. However . . . there was deer season. It has yet to end and they may open a few more days for doe season since the harvest was down 13%. They really are all over the place. Gun season starts on the Monday before Thanksgiving but we had our run of deer thru last Thursday. On that weekend we ended up with 3 deer between 4 hunters. Eh, um. Well, anyhow, my roomie Michelle, is now up there with Jeff C.'s Debbie . . . but on a much larger scale. She shot a doe on the same day the guys got a couple 6 points. She went with them to gut it and we all pulled together and skinned, quartered and coldpacked (pressure canned) the meat that isn't quite right for roasts, tenderloin or small steaks. We left them hang overnight and started in on Sunday afternoon and I finished canning on Wednesday. We got 10-14 quarts . . . all of the first batch didn't seal but I just went ahead and used some of it for a big stew (stew for which MOM complemented me! and she doesn't really like deer meat!!) and some for BBQ sandwiches. Anyhow, I am nicknaming Michelle. Her blog name is now Slayer. LOL

I have had a screwed up few weeks but this past week about wiped me out. Slayer's sister is opening a store and have been there a lot and with Kim a lot and I left Tuesday afternoon with intentions of returning home that evening . . . finally made it home on Thursday evening and it was still kinda dicey from the snow/ice/cold. It was supposed to be 18 on the first night it snowed but it got down to 6. School was cancelled on Thursday and Friday and should have been cancelled on Wednesday . . . I mean between the forecast and snowfall from Tuesday night the bus out this way had to wait on chains to take the kiddos home and had to take ALL the kids from K-12 instead on the usual 2 loads . . . K-6 come straight from school 12 miles away, then he comes back through with the teenagers who are bussed from in town to the church parking lot and they switch to our bus while others go on other buses out other long, back roadways . . . I guess I digress. Anyway, since the buses didn't run, the State Road didn't manage to get to my road until sometime overnight on Thursday. We are the third secondary road, so . . . they finally did get the big hill late Friday night before Kim came up 'round 10. I made it out in the Blazer Friday morning and back up the hill with 4-wheel drive . . .

OH, but I forgot to mention when they did MY road, the State Road graded and salt/sand mixed to just past Mom's house. So, to hell with Adams', me and Curfman's I guess. At least it's gravel and not untreated tar and chip like the big hill . . . . but damn, its only another 1/2 mile . . .

So, on top of the not being home for 2 days (and can I mention here that on Wednesday night, in a 4 mile stretch on I-77, where Kim, neighbor and I were traveling from Parkersburg to home we saw 4 separate accidents, two bang-up wrecks and two minor slide around backwards, flip the box trailer you're hauling behind ya) I also lost my tailpipe and pretty much need a new muffler. Merry Freakin' Christmas. I also need a heater core. Yeee-hah and Happy Freakin' New Year. I also had a minor trial to attend on December 4th, supposed to be all taken care of and well, its postponed and I stressed all day Monday over THAT. Did I mention my birthday Wednesday next week I have another DR appt?!?! Did I tell you about not having all the shit for my bedroom and its still a mess . . .???? My desk needs cleaned off, dishes done, Christmas cards sent . . . OH! Probably had better decorate and put up a tree before the cards . . . I know Dan probably has his tree all up and already done. I probably would see a photo if I would stop by Bumble's blog . . . then there was er, um, the HUGE upset of WVU in the Backyard Brawl with Pitt . .

Enrolled for 4 classes next semester . . . 3 of them online. I can't do the campus thing for that many hours a day, its too much on my back and the stress is too much. At least I attempted to "mainstream" back into the real world . . .

See, I haven't really been MIA . . . I have just been under a big pile of shit that needs done and chasing a two-year old . . .

1 Comments:

At Sunday, December 09, 2007 11:04:00 AM, Blogger BUMBLE!!! said...

When you said slayer, i immediately thought death metal and realized, i need to go to the gym. I really need to go to the gym (i listen to my loud music there).

I still have to enroll for the winter. Add that to my to do list for Monday.

The hunters where my dad went in northern PA did crappily. I don't think he told me about anyone getting a deer.

Dan doesn't have his tree up. He was offered to get one today, but methinks its gonna rain. Alas, I'm going to get my ass in order and go to the rents, give them their computer, do laundry, go to best buy and come back here for an evening get shit in order fest.

Glad you had time with the manthang. i went for date 2 last week. will have date 3 on Friday.

Have a good 1.
Stay warm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home